Art is all around us. Whether you are in Madison Square Park, an apartment complex’s lobby, or even the subway, you can find beautiful pieces of work that each has its own story. But if you’re sitting at your computer, looking around at bare walls, then 1) Leave your house! and 2) Head to the Affordable Art Fair.
The Affordable Art Fair is a great event where more than 75 emerging artists come together to showcase their work. The artists from around the world will fill the 29,300 square feet space with contemporary paintings, drawings, sculptures, and more. An art novice, and an avid art enthusiastic, alike, can enjoy a wide array of pieces, starting with prices as low as $100 (or as high as $10,000). Outside of just walking around and admiring art, included with admission will be a variety of programs ranging from art and interior design workshops, book signings, and child centered activities.
So if that space on your wall has been staring you in the face, screaming for something gorgeous to fill it, yet your pockets aren’t overflowing with money, then this is the event for you!
If you plan on attending, AAF has offered up some tips for buying art:
1. Pick up a booklet, and take notes of what you see and like, so you know what to revisit later.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask the exhibitors questions. They are there to help.
3. Come knowing where you want to put the piece, the size and shape you need, and what type of art would go well with the space.
4. Know your budget and stick to it!
5. Revisit your favorites, take your time, and follow your heart when deciding which piece you want.
6. Most importantly, Have Fun!
Details: located at 7 West 34th (near 5th Ave); Apr 18-22th – times vary by date
(at the door only with a valid ID):
|Children under 12:||FREE|
For more information you can go to: Affordable Art Fair NYC Spring 2012